The World Cup event is now live in FIFA 23, and with World Cup swaps. Here’s how to get all the trading cards available in the game.
- How do you earn trading cards?
- How to Complete World Cup Content and Get World Cup Players
The FIFA 23 The World Cup season has now started, which means player swaps. These are cards you can earn by completing various SBCs, milestones, and objectives, and you can win a total of 60 player trades during the World Cup – it lasts until January.
This guide covers all the trades available in the game and how to earn them, including how to get your hands on the World Cup cards needed to complete certain goals and milestones.
What are Exchange Cards?
Trading Cards are special cards that can be earned during the World Cup event in FIFA 23. They can be exchanged for a variety of rewards through SBCs, including 90 rated mi Icon Patrick Vieira at 40 total swaps. Other rewards include packs, player picks, and a few more World Cup players. Here’s a look at some of the best rewards available:
- 90 rated mi Icon Patrick Vieira (40 exchanges)
- FIFA World Cup Iconic Player Pick (35 exchanges)
- Cafu icon (30 exchanges)
- FIFA World Cup Hero Player Pick (25 exchanges)
- 3 packs 84+ 20 players (20 exchanges)
Trading cards are time-limited by content releases, meaning you can’t just grind for Vieira from the start of the event. New goals and milestones are released weekly and throughout the week so you can earn more trading cards.
How do you earn trading cards?
You can earn trading cards in a number of ways, although the two main ones are through goals and milestones.
- FIFA World Cup Trade Showcase 1
- Play 8 games with Spain – Play 8 matches in Squad Battles on minimum semi-pro difficulty with at least 6 Spanish World Cup players in your starting squad (an exchange card)
- England’s winning formula – Play 6 matches in Squad Battles on minimum semi-pro difficulty with at least 6 England World Cup players in your starting squad (an exchange card)
- Across Japan – Assist 7 goals with through balls using any player from Japan in Squad Battles on minimum semi-pro difficulty
- FIFA World Cup Swaps Week 1
- Win 6 matches in Live FUT Friendly with players from:
- UNITED STATES
Live Fut Friendly FIFA World Cup Swaps is golden goal which means you don’t have to play the whole game. First team to score, wins. Each segment rewards a World Cup player. In total, you can earn 11 World Cup swaps from this first week’s content, including the World Cup swap in the Season Progress tab.
How to Complete World Cup Content and Get World Cup Players
To complete these milestones, you must have World Cup players in your starting squad. These are acquired in different ways, and some are easier to obtain than others.
- Opening the packs – every pack during the World Cup event will have at least one player pick available
- Achieve goals – to get your first World Cup players, be sure to complete the Across Japan objective, which will also reward you with hard-to-obtain Qatari players if you’re lucky
- Complete the repeatable SBC to earn 5+ World Cup players – it’s super cheap and only costs a few bronze cards to complete
FUT Live Friendlies Tips: World Cup Trades
To clear this stage, you must have at least 6 World Cup cards in your starting squad. This means that you are somewhat limited in the type of players you can take into each match. Here are some tips to make it easier to complete.
- Don’t worry too much about the chemistry – these matches can only last five minutes, and scoring a goal is more important than worrying about the health of your team
- Take good attackers with you – if you can, choose World Cup defensive players from the nation of your choice, because scoring a goal is more important than defending against a
- Build a squad using good players from your existing squad – following the chemistry point, don’t spend coins here, just use attackers from your club
- Use High Press Attack Tactics – the game will be over before your players get tired, so set a great depth in your tactics and constant pressure for attack tactics
NEXT: How to Complete the Berghuis SBC World Cup in FIFA 23