More than 70% of Medicare Advantage members receive meal benefits as part of their plan, according to analysis by the Kaiser Family Foundation.
The report, released Nov. 16, compares the types of benefits offered by the largest Medicare Advantage plans. Although nearly all plans offer vision, hearing, dental, and fitness benefits, other services vary widely from plan to plan.
Overall, 71% of enrollees participate in plans that provide meal benefits. Both Cigna and Humana provide meal benefits to 100% of their Medicare Advantage beneficiaries.
Here’s how the top payers ranked:
1. Cigna – 100% of registrants receive a meal benefit (tie)
1. Humana – 100% of registrants receive a meal benefit (tie)
3. CVS Health – 84% of registrants benefit from meals
4. Centene – 72% of registrants benefit from meals
5. Kaiser Permanente – 70% of registrants receive meals
6. UnitedHealthcare – 60% of enrollees get meals
7. Blue Cross Blue Shield – 56% of registrants benefit from meals